Saturday, March 17, 2012

Apple Pan Dowdy

You can talk with many different cooks and they will mostly have a different origin of this delightful dessert recipe. I will post my recipe for this one, but alternative ingredients that fits your needs works also. To lessen any confusion the ingredients I use comes from my "Purged" pantry, this means that if some of my ingredients don't work for you then fix it for you. But this is how I make it to lessen the fats and calories.
.
Ingredients:
.
3 med. granny smith apples cut in medium sized pieces
1/2 cup jiffy mix
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup sugar free pancake syrup
1 tbs. allspice
1 tbs. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup diced walnuts
1/4 cup oat bran
1/2 tbs. Vanilla
1 egg
.Mix all ingredients in med. bowl and place the mixture in a baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with a kitchen spray and bake at 350-400 degrees until apples are tender. Let this cool for about 5 minutes and serve warm with your favorite whipped topping.
.
This will make you a hero!!

1 comment: