Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Pizza Boats"

There are very few Americans that can say that they don't like pizza.

.
Most pizzas are loaded in saturated fats, calories and virtually no fiber, but darn they are tasty.
Since I, like most people I occasionally would like the taste of a pizza, when this happens I remind myself that it is very often even a medium pizza can have as many as 5000 calories, so since I am trying to limit my calorie intake, a recipe that would help lower the calorie intake but still have the taste I was looking for. Keeping in mind that most meats that are in pizzas are ladden in fats, I found that lean ham is ok but I love the pepperoni the best so I tried the turkey pepperoni and liked it. the next thing that has a lot of calories is the crust.

.
Solution:
I took a whole wheat hogie roll and split it in half and removed most of the inside bread to hollow out the roll halves I used a fat free ranch dressing to coat the insides, added some low moisture part skim milk mozzerella cheese shredded filling each half full and added a few slices of turkey pepperoni then toasted in the oven until the cheese was nice and bubbly. Served this with a nice salad. Thus my version of a "Pizza Boat" was launched,

.Try this, you can also use a red sauce if you prefer. let me know if you have any deviations you like in the comment section below I'd love to hear it.

2 comments: