Monday, April 16, 2012

My Kitchen

I am sure some of you are curious about whats in my kitchen?  Well here is the skinny. I operate out of an RV which limits the space available for storage and (essential gadgets) but for those that have the space my recipes sometimes reflect this.  I have for years operated in the kitchen on the principle of the "Kiss":theory  which means ( keep it simple stupid). first off I keep nothing that is high in sugars,salt or fats in my limited pantry being in the modern era I have on hand and use many items that are relatively cost effective and simple to use.

.
You would find such items such as :
.
Jiffy mixes that are cheap and effective when I enhance these with other items.

.
Splenda instead of sugar, this works for us but maybe not for others.

.
Butter flavor kitchen spray (Crisco brand works for us)

.
Frozen fruits and vegetables, as these are always frozen at peak quality

.
A wide variety of spices we like.


.Extra virgin olive oil

.
I read recipes alot and change them to reflect a healthier value.  So if you have questions on a favorite recipe that needs changing and don't mind me posting it on the blog e-mail me and we'll see what can be worked out.  I visit many different food supply stores and can generally find items that I need even(Wal*Mart sometimes).  So join my follower section and enjoy this blog (Ask Questions)

1 comment:

  1. WoW! I just found your blog (thanks, Debbie!), and I am very excited to follow you! It looks like you've got some great ideas and recipes, Mike!

    ReplyDelete