Saturday, April 7, 2012

OMG Naked Fried Chicken

This recipe came to me by pure fluke. Many years ago.  I was working late and my oldest daughter at the age of around 10 years old decided to have the evening meal ready when I got home from work. For dinner she decided on Fried Chicken.  She had never done this before, so she fried the chicken without any coating.  I had never fried chicken without a coating,  so naturally I was sceptical as to what this would be like.  Being a lover of new ideas I was delighted as to the outcome. so over the years I have enhanced her idea a little.  The following recipe is my version of "Naked" fried chicken.


.
Ingredients:

1- cut-up chicken or any chicken pieces (skin removed)

Extra virgin olive oil

1/4 cup citrus soda

your favorite spices that you normally would use for fried chicken.

A non-stick or well seasoned skillet.

Procedure:

Lightly brush all sides of the chicken pieces with the olive oil and season all sides of the chicken pieces with your spices.  I primarily use garlic and onion powder, salt lightly and place all the pieces of chicken in your skillet and brown these pieces well on all sides. then turn the heat down to simmer and pour in the citrus soda cover the skillet with a lid and cook 15-20 minutes.
The soda will help tenderize the chicken

After you remove the chicken for serving there will be a lot of sauce in the pan this can be used for the base for gravy or held for a great added seasoning for vegetables or soups or just about anything you can imagine except maybe brownies

This is a good way to have fried chicken that low in fats and very different.

2 comments:

  1. What keeps me from doing this is the grease splatter. I'm obsessive about cleaning the stove top and don't like to add grease to the air, either. Do you have a way to keep the splatters to a minimum?

    ReplyDelete