Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Shake and Fry"




THIS IS VERY SIMPLE
.
For convenience I use a med-large non-stick skillet to cook with.  Recently it became too warm to fire-up the oven when I was fixing some shake and bake pork cutlets; so I decided to cook my cutlets  coated with the Shake and Bake extra crispy mixture in my skillet. It worked quite well.  The results was a coated pork cutlet that was very similar to deep fried without all the extra fat that results from deep frying.  Since then I have also cooked chicken in the same manner; this also works well.  The big difference is that you need to watch the cooking process much closer to avoid the possibilty of scorching the coating.  Just coat your skillet lightly with olive oil; and follow the coating instructions on the Shake and Bake package and place the coated meat in the skillet and cook on a low heat until the center is at least 160 degrees.        That's It

No comments:

Post a Comment