Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cobblepie






.



Since we have been traveling, things haven't been normal, first off my computer developed an "attitude" but that's fixed so now I should be back to working on this blog. I tried out in desperation a new dessert that I like very much. It is a cross between a cobbler and a pie; so here it goes.

Ingredients:
2-cups baking mix
1-20 ounce can of no-sugar added pie filling
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-cup dried cran berries or raisins
1-tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar or splenda

.
Directions:
Start by mixing the baking mix-nutmeg-sugar in medium mixing bowl and add enough liquid to make a pourable batter.  Using a 10 inch deep dish pie tin that has been sprayed with non-stick spray; pour in about half of the mixture of batter and bake at 375-400 degrees until just firm. Remove pie tin and let this cool about 5 mins.  Now add the pie filling and raisins lightly mixed and pour remaining batter over the top and bake till lightly brown.  Set to cool 5-10 mins. slice and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Glad, so glad, to see you back! Give me an email and tell me where you two rascals are now!

    This looks like fun. I'm treating myself once in a while because I've met my goal and Debbie's just making terrific progress. We both had the 'cruise fat' off in less than two weeks and we're back on the healthy stuff! You've helped us so very much! Check out Fork In The Road.

    ReplyDelete