Sunday, May 6, 2012

Orange-Pineapple Chicken

For something different and showy try this recipe.
The Kiss principle applies here. anytime you see the kiss logo that means this is a simple and quick recipe.

.
Ingredients:
2-Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
2-Pineapple slices.
1/2 cup orange sauce.

.
Orange Sauce:
1/2-cup orange juice.
1-tbs corn starch
Stir the corn starch and orange juice together, bring to low boil in small pan (can be microwaved)
until thickened.  Set aside for the moment.

.
Instructions:
Brush lightly both chicken breasts with extra virgin Olive oil, place chicken breasts in a skillet Cook on medium heat until browned on both sides testing to make sure chicken is done in the middle either with thermometer 160 degrees, or no spring to touch. Add a pineapple slice to each breast and drizzle the orange sauce over both chicken breasts.  Set skillet temp to low and cover for 5 minutes.(to let flavors blend)

3 comments:

  1. Mike--I'm way behind, I can see. I've had some issues with my blog and was trying to get caught up. I am letting some Chix breasts thaw and will try this one for supper. We love the fruity flavor with chicken. Thanks for adding the recipes. I need inspiration, but we're really working the program. Debbie has lost quite a bit and I'm only a few pounds to my goal. I think by looking in the mirror, my goal wasn't low enough. But I don't know if I can eat less!!!

    Again thanks for the recipes. You two looked so good when we saw you that we've really buckled down to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this and I put it under "keepers"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was delicious, Mike! :D

    ReplyDelete